Writer's World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writer's World

A place for writers to enjoy themselves, receive advice, and post their works!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» My Preferences.
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 pm by Cherrie

» Kendall's Post Layouts
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 pm by Skye

» is this real life? or is this just fantasy?
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:56 pm by Skye

» No Title Yet! D8<
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:27 pm by Skye

» Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 pm by calle17

» Favorite book or series?
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 pm by ML

» The person below me game
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:22 pm by calle17

» Runing Through the Fire
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:09 am by LastOneHyper

» The Cruise all Around the World - Chapter 1
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 pm by calle17

Top posters
Skye
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_vote_lcapValentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_voting_barValentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 
calle17
Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_vote_lcapValentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_voting_barValentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_vote_rcap 
LastOneHyper
Sakura
Kat
Charlotte
ML
Cherrie
Forum

Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
calle17

calle17

Location : Over there in a box. That box is in your closet. I'm going to jump out at youat the very moment you least expect it.

Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 Empty
PostSubject: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 am

You can probably guess from the title, what my story is a fan-fiction about. My story is based on the series' Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. All rights go to him.

Chapter One: Valentine
Valentine thought she was just a normal girl, with normal parents, and a normal life. She looked like a normal girl, if you exclude the fact that all the boys had a crush on her because she was so pretty. Valentine had pin-straight black hair and brown eyes.

Valentine had normal parents. They were both teachers, and they had met in University. Valentine loved them both very much, and told them almost everything. The only things she didn’t tell them about were the strange feelings that someone was watching her, the weird things that would stare at her from the bushes, or about the strange dog that seemed to follow her.

Valentine lived a normal life in London, England, until the day she found the flyer walking home from school, with that huge dog following her. She had just been asked out by at least 3 boys, but had turned them all down because she knew they only liked her looks, not her personality. Valentine tried so hard not to be noticed. She wore no makeup, covered her face with her hair, and wore dark clothes, but no matter what school she went to, she always got noticed.

Valentine had been to a lot of schools. A new school every year. She always got kicked out of them, though. Sometimes, she didn’t know why. Trouble seemed to find her, so she always got blamed for things she didn’t do. At least, her parents understood.

Valentine came back to reality so she could the flyer the old lady had given her. It read:

[size=18]Does your child want to be a famous actor or actress? If so, come to Brooklyn, NY, and show this flyer to any of the designated agencies. Within days, your child will be the star of their very own movie/TV show/play!

It was a dream come true for Valentine. She had always wanted to be an actress! She ran the rest of the way home, forgetting about the dog.

Valentine burst into the door of her two story town house. “Mum, Dad! Look what I have!” She waved the flyer around in her parents’ face.

“We can’t see what it is, Val, if you’re waving it in our faces!” Her Dad smiled.

Valentine passed the flyer to him eagerly, and her Mum leaned in to read it.

“Honey, it’s in America! We can’t do this,” her Mum said, looking up.

Valentine’s heart sank. She looked pleadingly at her Dad.

“Now, Kaylee, we can think about this. Why don’t we sleep on it?” Valentine’s Dad said.

“George, we need to talk,” Valentine’s Mum looked sternly at her husband.

“Ok.”

Valentine watched her parents walk off to the living room. She snuck up and heard little parts of the conversation.

“-she’s not ready!” Her Mum whispered.

“She’s ready, it’s you who isn’t!” Her Dad whispered back.

The conversation went on like that, until her Dad finally convinced her Mum to let her go to Brooklyn.

“Fine, but I’m telling her!” Her Mum hissed at her Dad, one last time.

Valentine thought her Mum meant that her Mum was going to tell her they would be going to Brooklyn, but her Dad told her that.

“Val, can we talk in the living room?” Valentine’s Mum asked.

Valentine followed her Mum into the living room. They sat on the couch.

“Valentine, there is something very important I need to tell you,” Valentine’s Mum paused, “I’m not your real mum.”

“What? I’ve lived my whole life thinking you were my Mum! Am I adopted? Is Dad my real Dad? Why didn’t you tell me? How could you do this to me?” Valentine screamed.

“You’re not adopted. My husband is your real Dad. We-I, didn’t tell you because I was scared you wouldn’t love me anymore. Dad wanted to tell you, but I wouldn’t let him. I was selfish,” Valentine’s Mum told her in a soothing voice.

“Who’s my real Mum?” Valentine demanded.

“I don’t know,” Valentine’s Mum said.

“What? Dad cheated on you?” Valentine screamed, glaring at her Dad, whom had moved into the living room.

“No! I married your Dad, my husband, after you were born. He didn’t have any pictures of your mother, so I didn’t ask,” Valentine’s Mum replied, forcing a calm face.

Valentine turned to her Dad, glaring so intensely at him that he lowered his eyes. “Why are there no pictures of her?” She demanded.

“She left me before you were born, so I threw out all the pictures of her. After you were born, she left you on my doorstep in a seashell,” Valentine’s Dad said.

“She left me on your doorstep in a seashell? You expect me to believe that? Wow,” Valentine said, turning around.

“It’s the truth...” her dad muttered.

“I’m going to go pack for Brooklyn. If either of you want to come and tell me the truth, feel free to. I’ll listen,” Valentine stormed out of the room and up to her bedroom.

Valentine’s bedroom’s walls were pink, with posters of all her favourite Pop artists. In the middle of the wall farthest from the door was a hanging pet bed. Inside were Valentine’s pet kittens, Ivory, Ebony, and Bandit. They were all black, except each had a different white marking on their faces. Ivory had a white dot on her face. Ebony had a white dot on her chest, and Bandit's tail was white. Valentine scooped them up and whispered: "What am I going to do?"

This chapter is very long. I had not intended for this to go on this webiste, because I had not joined it. The rest of the chapters, hopefully, will not be as long as this!
Back to top Go down
LastOneHyper

LastOneHyper

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 6:58 am

That story was wonderful i can't wait for the Second chapter.
Oh and Great Vocabulary You used
Back to top Go down
calle17

calle17

Location : Over there in a box. That box is in your closet. I'm going to jump out at youat the very moment you least expect it.

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks so much!

Here's the second chapter!

This one might be a little boring but I asure you, Chapter 3 will not be.

Also, there is one paragraph that would not change font. Sorry if it is a little hard to read.

Chapter 2: Skylar

Skylar sat on her bed in the Servant’s quarters of her aunt’s ancient mansion. She had been living there since she was 8 years old, ever since her father had died in a car crash. Her bedroom wasn’t in the Servants Quarters because there was no room in the old house; it was just that Skylar was treated as a servant by her aunt.

Skylar brushed a strand of her curly black hair out of her face. She stared into the cracked mirror across from her bed. She stared straight into the stormy grey eyes on her face, and not for the first time wondered why she was still here. Why she hadn’t run away long ago. The answer to this was that Skylar wanted her Aunt Rose to have to pay for all she’d done. She wanted her to pay. She couldn’t make that happen if no one had ever seen her on the street. She had to be seen first.

“Skylar!” Aunt Rose screamed from somewhere in the house, “Come bake cookies! I’m hungry!”

Skylar’s fists clenched. She wanted to go up there and give her aunt a piece of her mind, but she knew she couldn’t do that. She had to stick with the plan, if you could call it one.

Skylar stood up. She started walking slowly towards the door to her bedroom. She stopped at the door and looked into the hallway of the very old house. It had 3 floors, including the Servant’s quarters. On the main floor were the kitchen, dining room, living room, 3 bathrooms, and the Great Hall Aunt Rose always had parties in. The top floor had all the bedrooms. Only one of them in use out of the 5 there were. Each one had a walk-in closet and its own bathroom. So, naturally, Skylar never went in one, except to make the beds.

“Where are you?” Aunt Rose screamed again.

“Coming!” Skyalr answered, begginning to walk again. She walked up to the creaking staircase. She stepped onto the first step, the second; the third; the fourht; right until she had reached the top. She then proceeded to the kitchen. In the kithchen she found Aunt Rose, sitting at the table doing nothing at all.

Then, Aunt Rose stood up, revealing her rather large stomach. Skylar would sometimes refer to her as the “Balloon” to her dolls her father gave her; her only friends. Aunt Rose had white hair with which she pulled into a tight bun. Her face was very wrinkly, along with her hands. She was wearing a paisley dress Skylar was surprise fit around her stomach.

“There you are. Go. Make cookies. Don’t burn them,” Aunt Rose growled.

“Ok,” Skylar walked over to the stove, and pulled out a cookbook, “What kind do you want?”

“Chocolate chip,” Aunt Rose said.

And so Skylar began baking. For the rest of the day, she did chores. It was a normal day. She made lunch and dinner. Then, Aunt Rose finally went to bed at 10:00 p.m.

Skylar walked down to her bedroom, but instead of going into her bedroom, Skylar swerved to the back door, that led to a set of stairs, that led outside to the back yard. Once outside, she stood there, letting the wind hit her. In the distance, an owl hooted.

Skylar turned towards the noise. “I’m coming, I’m coming,” she called back to the voice.

She began to walk towards a corner in the huge yard. There was a clump of trees there. The tree farthest in the middle had an owl nest in it. This was where Skylar was headed. Inside the nest were two adult owls, Reede and Moon, and one baby owl, Flash.

“Hey, guys,” Skylar whispered.

You’re late, Moon said in Skylar’s mind.

“I’m sorry. I haven’t been outside in so long. I had to feel the wind,” Skyalr explained.

Sky! Sky! Daddys gonna teach me how to fly tomorrow! Flash told Skylar.

The next thing Skylar knew, it was 12:00 a.m, and she was running back to the house. When she got to her bedroom, she quickly got changed into her pajamas and tossed herself into her bed. She then slowed her breath down so it sounded like she was in a deep sleep. She had to do this every night, for Aunt Rose would come and check on her.

The lights flickered on. Aunt Rose’s shadow danced across the wall. “You awake?” she growled. She obvisously decided Skyalr wasn’t because she turned the lights off and walked back upstairs. Skylar could soon hear her snores filling the house.

Skyalr, however, lay awaked for quite a while, thinking. Why could she hear the owls thoughts in her mind? She had always been able to, for as long as she could remember.

Once, when she was 4, she went to the zoo and she had a very long conversation with the barn owl. Then when she was 5 she lay awkake all night talking to a baby owl outside her bedroom window. Then when she was 6 she played with an owl during recess. When she was 7, an owl warned her about a strange man who was following her and her father with a sword. It was also an owl who warned to get out of the car that night her father died. She had screamed at her father to get out, but it had been to late. So, she basically owed her life to two owls.

Finally, at 2:00 a.m, Skylar finally fell into a dream-less sleep.
Back to top Go down
LastOneHyper

LastOneHyper

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 am

wow chapter 2 is not boring just a little boring
Keep of a great work!
Back to top Go down
calle17

calle17

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 pm

This one should hopefully not be boring! It's the last "introducing the characters" chapter, so yeah. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 3: Phoenix

Phoenix lived in a foster home. Not because he was an orphan but because his Mom owned the foster home. More than once his Mom’s customers had wanted to adopt him. Of course, his Mom objected and they usually adopted another child.

Phoenix looked nothing like his Mom, which was probably why people had thought he was up for adoption. He had black shaggy hair, deep brown eyes, so dark they were almost black and very pale skin. His Mom had tanned skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair that went down her back.

Phoenix and his Mom shared a bedroom on the top floor of the orphanage. Across the hall was the little kids’ room, with all the 3-6 year olds in it. Next to Phoenix’s room was the nursery, where all the babies stayed. Next to the Nursery was the boys’ room. It had boys from 7-12 in it. Next to the little kids’ room was the girls’ room. Again, it had the girls aged 7-12 living in it. There were bathrooms attached to each room, but the girls still fought over who got the bathroom first.

On the second floor were the “Teen” rooms. One room for boys and one room for girls. There were a lot more bathrooms on the second floors because the girls would fight a lot more if there was only 1 bathroom.

The main floor had all the boring stuff on it. The kitchen, the dining room, the living room, the movie room, and the main hall. Of course, there were bathrooms.

“Phoenix!” Joey, Phoenix’s best friend ran into his bedroom, “the older kids say we can use their Playstation!”

Joey had black hair, and chocolate skin. His eyes were a chestnut brown. His face was very babyish, almost so you couldn’t take him seriously.

Phoenix looked up from his book. “Really?”

“Yeah!” Joey nodded excitedly.

“Sweet!!” Phoenix threw down his book and jumped up.

Together, the two boys ran down to the second floor. Since Joey was 12, same age as Phoenix, Joey’s room was on the third floor. Once they reached the door to the Teen Boys’ room, Joey reached his hand up and knocked on the door. The second his hand hit the door, Phoenix collapsed.

Phoenix was now standing in a throne room. The room was dark, and sitting right in front of him was a huge throne. Only, it was not a normal throne. It was made out of human bones.

“Phoenix!” A loud male voice boomed, it was very familiar to Phoenix, though he didn’t know why.

“Y-yes?” Phoenix stuttered.

“You must obey everything I say. If you don’t, well, we’ll get to that later. It is not safe for you at the orphanage anymore. You must run, and don’t tell a soul,” the voice boomed.

“Not even my Mom?” Phoenix asked.

“No, not even her. You must leave tonight, and never look back,” the voice answered.

The dream faded around Phoenix until he was in complete darkness. “Now wake!” The voice demanded.

Phoenix did. He was lying in his bed, everybody crowding around him.

“Wha’ happened?” he asked, trying to sit up.

“Shh, lie still. Everything’s fine,” his Mom’s soothing voice told him.

“Ok,” Phoenix lay still. Then he remembered the dream. Would he listen to the voice? Phoenix decided he would. He didn’t know why, it was just that there was something weird about the voice.

“What time is it?” he asked, trying to find a clock.

“It’s 3:00 p.m., man. You were out for hours,” Joey answered.

“Oh. Ok,” Phoenix closed his eyes, pretending to want to fall asleep.

“Ok, everyone, let’s leave Phoenix so he can get some rest,” Phoenix’s Mom herded all the other kids out of the room.

Minutes later, Phoenix had fallen asleep again.
Back to top Go down
LastOneHyper

LastOneHyper

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 am

bounce Kewl chapter
Back to top Go down
calle17

calle17

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks! I'll have Chapter 4 up soon!
Back to top Go down
calle17

calle17

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Chapter 4 is here!

Chapter 4: Valentine

Valentine still hadn’t forgiven her parents. She wouldn’t talk to them, and they wouldn’t try to talk to her. Of course, they had at first, but quickly learned not to.

“Ok, Valentine! Get your kittens ready! We’re leaving,” her Dad called up the stairs.

Valentine didn’t answer. She just silently slipped her kittens into their harnesses and grabbed her bag. She then proceeded to the car, where her Mom was waiting. Her Dad followed her out the door.

They drove in silence all the way to the airport. At the airport, Valentine bought three new collars for her kittens, a carrier for the kittens, and a pair of sunglasses. She did this all without talking. All she did was point at the stuff she wanted, and her parents bought it. They were obviously trying to get her to talk to them. She probably could have pointed to a new kitten and they would have gotten it for her.

When it was finally time to board the flight, Valentine found out her Dad had bought First-class seats for the first time in his life. Valentine enjoyed it greatly.

When they were about half way to Brooklyn, Valentine finally spoke.

“Do you still expect me to believe it was a seashell?” she demanded.

“It’s the truth, sweetie,” her Mum tried to convince her.

“Yeah, right,” Valentine pulled her kittens out of their case. They were still small enough that they all fit in one.

Valentine started petting her kittens, and the next thing she knew she was fast asleep.

When she woke up, they were landing. All her kittens were curled up on her lap. She slowly lowered them down back into their cage.

When they were finally in the Brooklyn airport, Valentine decided she wasn’t going to get anything out of not talking to her parents. They probably wanted her to think that she was very special to them, and that she had arrived in a special way.

“Can we get something to eat?” Valentine asked. She was starving.

“Sure,” her Mum sounded relieved to finally be talking to her daughter again.

They walked around the airport, but didn’t find anything. Just as they were about to leave the airport, they heard a crash behind them. Valentine turned and saw the dog that had been following her, only it had grown. It was now at least 7 feet tall, on 4 feet. Its eyes were blood red, and its coat was as black as the blackest night. And, it was coming straight for them.

“Val, run!” her Dad screamed.

She didn’t wait to be told twice. She ran, screaming her head off. She probably didn’t look very glamorous at that moment, but she really did not care at that moment.

The dog lunged, and landed about 3 feet away from Valentine. The tourists were screaming. That was when something ticked inside of her, like something that had been waiting to start turning, but had never gotten the chance.

A lot of things happened then. If you asked Valentine now, she wouldn’t know how to describe what happened. First, she realized her Dad had been telling the truth. Second, she realized that she had to protect all the tourists. Third, she realized she had absolutely no idea how to do that.

She looked around for some kind of weapon. All she could find was a pole. Before she could grab it, she felt something attach itself to her belt. She looked down and found a sword. She grabbed it and faced the dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1   Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valentine Woods and the Olympians- Chapter 1
Page 1 of 1